Road Traffic Accident Claims Abroad

Have you experienced a road traffic accident on holiday? If the injuries were not through any fault of your own, you may be entitled to make a claim with one of our expert solicitors.

When it comes to putting forward a road traffic accident claims abroad, you may struggle to find the best route to successfully claiming compensation. Complex legal jargon and the wide range of options can be overwhelming (especially if it’s your first time making a claim!), but our team are passionate about providing expert legal advice in order to support you throughout this time.

Road traffic accidents on holiday

The number of people opting to book a holiday in a foreign country is increasing every year. In 2015, over 36.1 million visits were made to neighbouring and international countries, according to the Office for National Statistics, so it’ll come as no surprise that the number of people suffering from a road traffic accident abroad is rising, too.

However, it’s not just a holiday that can be ruined if you’re involved in a serious road collision with other motorists or pedestrians. Long-term injuries can have a major impact on your life and if you’re stranded in a foreign hospital, it can be a truly frightening experience for both yourself and your family.

Our solicitors and lawyers are able to explain varying jurisdiction from country to country and with particular expertise in European law, there’s no need to worry about pursuing your Europe car accident claim if you’re not in the UK at present.

What are the types of road traffic accident claims abroad?

Here at 1Solicitors, we understand that the scope for road traffic accidents can vary dramatically. A range of injuries can occur through varying circumstances. However, the most common cases abroad that we work with include:

Car accidents

One of the most popular types of road traffic accidents, we’re able to put forward a compensation claim if you’re been involved in a car accident abroad.

We work with clients who have experienced injuries in hire cars through the negligence of other motorists, as well as those who have caused a collision through a faulty vehicle that was leased by a rental company.

Bus or coach accidents

Also handling road traffic accident abroad for injuries that occurred on coaches or buses in a foreign country, we are able to provide support for this type of road traffic accident claims abroad. Whether the local council is at fault or it’s through the negligence of your package holiday coach driver, you may be entitled to compensation.

Taxi accidents

With taxi accidents being extremely common, experiencing car accidents in Spain and other European countries can cause serious damage. Whiplash, head injuries and spinal damage are just a handful of things that you may experience – and may be able to claim for.

We also help pedestrians who have been injured through a taxi accident on holiday to claim compensation. For that reason, if you aren’t sure about whether or not you’re eligible, it’s best to contact a legal professional and explore your options.

How are car accident abroad claims classified?

When it comes to putting forward a road traffic accident claim that happened abroad, you will need to be able to convey the severity of your injuries. Although they can be rarely classified, we recommend taking photographs of the scene, as well as your injuries, to support you in Court.

Medical records may also be used to determine the rate of compensation that you should receive for the incident that wasn’t your fault.

Who can make a road traffic accident claims abroad?

In order to put forwards a claim for your road traffic abroad injuries, the incident must have taken place within the past three years.

To make a claim on behalf of a minor, the same limit applies. However, the child has three years from their 18th birthday to pursue the claim on their own behalf.


When should I start my car accident abroad claim?

Because laws in different countries can vary dramatically, it’s best to get started with your claim as soon as possible. This is because time limits and regulations affect the speed of your case and how quickly we’re able to get the compensation you deserve.

If I had an accident in this country, can you still help?

Yes! Our team of international solicitors have expertise in a range of countries. That means if you’re struggling to make a Europe car accident claim or pursue compensation for a car accident in Spain, we’re able to assist.

Establishing liability for your road traffic accident abroad case

Because compensation is only available for road traffic abroad cases that weren’t through any fault of your own, you will be asked to establish who was liable for the accident when fighting for compensation in Court.

This can be anybody from a rental company, package holiday provider or another motorist, but we’re able to clearly explain your rights in order to successfully prove that somebody else was negligent.

How much road traffic abroad compensation could I get?

If you’ve been involved in a car accident in Spain or other type of road traffic incident abroad, you may be entitled to receive either (or both!) of the payouts detailed below:

General damages

This covers the pain and suffering that you experienced and varies depending on the liability, specific incident and your personal circumstances.

Special damages

We also help clients to claim special damage compensation for road traffic accident abroad claims abroad. This covers any additional expenses that you had to pay for such as travel costs, private medical treatment fees and rehabilitation charges.

Free online compensation calculator

For a rough prediction on how much compensation that you may be entitled to, our online compensation calculator tool will be able to help.

However, this tool isn’t completely accurate and you could claim more than outlined here, depending on your circumstances. This is why it’s best to discuss your personal experience with one of our team for an accurate picture of success.

Why choose 1Solicitors?

At 1Solicitors, we make it our business to ensure that you’re financially compensated for injuries that you experienced through somebody else’s negligence. But, it’s not just our ethos that will provide you with the confidence to pursue your accident abroad claim.

No-win, no-fee agreements

On all of our car accident abroad claims, we automatically provide no-win, no-fee policies. Not only will this ensure that you’re not financially at-risk for exploring your options, but it’ll provide you with peace of mind, knowing that you won’t have to worry about our fees.

Begin your claim today

In order to begin your road traffic accident claim abroad, we will need details of all people involved, as well as medical reports to support your injury claim.

Once you’ve got that, it’s time to book your initial appointment with a member of our team! Offering 24/7 legal support throughout your entire claim AND a dedicated lawyer to fight your case in Court, there’s no better way to get started.

To do this, simply contact us online or call us on 0330 053 7117. We can’t wait to help!

Subscribe to our quarterly newsletter where we keep you up to date with the latest changes and developments.

Follow Us Online

facebook bullet point FACEBOOK

twitter bullet point TWITTER

Piers Morgan's Twitter avatar
Piers Morgan

FFS. Can I cover the live divorce when I get back in 10 days?

Retweeted by No.1 Solicitors
No.1 Solicitors's Twitter avatar
No.1 Solicitors

Don't let the past come back to present... stay protected. #happyvalentinesday

No.1 Solicitors's Twitter avatar
No.1 Solicitors

Happy Valentines Day. Tune in to our latest talk show @StrayFM this evening

instagram bullet point INSTAGRAM

No images found!
Try some other hashtag or username